The best hamburger seasoning that will take the flavor of your burger up a notch! Whip up a batch to have on hand for the next time you fire up the grill.
Want the ultimate burger? Season your hamburgers with this flavorful spice blend, add some burger sauce, toppings and serve on a homemade hamburger bun. Or keep it low carb and make a burger in a bowl or lettuce wrap burger. Your mind will be blown!
This is the best burger seasoning! I love to mix up a batch of this to have on hand for when we grill hamburgers. Once you mix this in your meat, you will never go back to frozen hamburgers again. It only takes a few minutes to make and will add amazing flavor to your hamburger. You can easily double or triple this recipe to have it on hand all summer long!
What’s in this spice blend?
- Salt – Kosher salt works best.
- Paprika – This gives it a nice smokey flavor.
- Brown sugar – Adds the perfect hint of sweetness.
- Black pepper – Adds an earthy, smokey taste.
- Garlic powder – Gives it that delicious garlic aroma.
- Onion powder – Skip the fresh onions and use this instead.
- Dried basil – A fragrant herb that adds another layer of flavor.
Meat to seasoning ratio
I love to add 2-3 teaspoons per pound of hamburger. I like to mix it really well before shaping the patties. I also love to mix in 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce. Just trust me. It adds the perfect flavor and keeps the burgers nice and juicy.
This recipe makes about 8 teaspoons total of seasoning, which is enough for about 3 to 4 pounds of meat. Feel free to cut the recipe in half or even double it for a crowd. I love to make the whole batch so that I can save the extra seasoning to use later.
You can save any extra seasoning or even double the recipe to have on hand the next time you’re making burgers. I like to store mine in an airtight container or jar for optimal freshness. It will keep for about 6 months if stored properly.
More ways to season meat:
Hamburger Seasoning Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
For hamburgers: 1 pound of 80% ground beef + 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. You can easily double this recipe, if you'd like to store more for later.
- Place in a small jar until ready to use. When ready to use, mix in 2-3 teaspoons per 1 pound of meat. I usually add about 2 1/2 teaspoons. Then add in 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce for optimal flavor.
- Shape into patties and cook according to preference.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!