The best hamburger seasoning that will take the flavor of your burger up a notch! Whip up a batch to have on hand for the next time you fire up the grill.
Table of Contents
Homemade Hamburger Seasoning
Want the ultimate burger? Season your hamburgers with this flavorful spice blend, add some burger sauce, and toppings, and serve on a homemade hamburger bun. Or keep it low carb and make a burger in a bowl or lettuce wrap burger. Your mind will be blown!
This is the best burger seasoning! I love to mix up a batch of this to have on hand for when we grill hamburgers. Once you mix this in your meat, you will never go back to frozen hamburgers again.
It only takes a few minutes to make and will add amazing flavor to your hamburger or cheeseburger. You can easily double or triple this recipe to have it on hand all summer long!
What is in this Spice Blend?
These pantry staple spices are the perfect blend of seasonings that combines perfectly and easily in a bowl. Store this homemade burger seasoning to sprinkle on top of or in your burgers each time you turn on the grill!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Salt: Kosher salt works best.
- Paprika: This smoked paprika gives it a nice smokey flavor.
- Brown sugar: Adds the perfect hint of sweetness.
- Black pepper: Adds an earthy, smokey taste. To add more spicy flavor, try cayenne pepper.
- Garlic powder: Gives it that delicious garlic aroma.
- Onion powder: Skip the fresh onions and use this instead.
- Dried basil: A fragrant herb that adds another layer of flavor.
How to Make Homemade Burger Seasoning
This is the best burger seasoning recipe out there! It is quick and easy with all the flavors! We love this burger seasoning mix and how simple it is to combine the pantry staple ingredients together. The perfect combination!
- Mix. Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. You can easily double this recipe if you’d like to store more for later.
- Storing. Place in a small jar until ready to use. When ready to use, mix in 2-3 teaspoons per 1 pound of meat. I usually add about 2 1/2 teaspoons. Then add in 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce for optimal flavor.
- Cook. Shape into patties and cook according to preference.
Meat to Seasoning Ratio
Make a big batch of burgers with this delicious easy burger seasoning! I usually add two to three teaspoons per pound of hamburger. Mix it really well before shaping the patties. Another great add-in is to mix in one tablespoon of BBQ sauce. Just trust me. It adds the perfect flavor and keeps the burgers nice and juicy.
This recipe makes about eight teaspoons total of seasoning, which is enough for about three to four pounds of meat. Feel free to cut the recipe in half or even double it for a crowd. I love to make the whole batch so that I can save the extra seasoning to use later.
Another delicious and simple recipe would be to use is salting the burger before cooking the burger patty.
Use this delicious burger seasoning blend for a flavorful hamburger every time. Season your hamburger patties according to the instructions below.
Yes and no. This is optional but always a delicious flavor added to the hamburger meat. Seasoning also helps create a crust on the outside of the hamburger. You can season your patties before grilling them, after forming the patties, or while they are cooking.
Yes! That will add loads of flavor and a great texture to the meat. Season your patty overnight. Take your burgers to the next level!
Add about one tablespoon of meat seasoning for every pound of ground meat. Apply the burger seasoning evenly over one pound of meat.
5 star review
“I had so many compliments on my hamburgers when I used this recipe. I used it exactly as it was written. I will 100% use this over and over again!!!”-Kim
You can save any extra seasoning or even double the recipe to have on hand the next time you’re making burgers. I like to store mine in an airtight container or jar for optimal freshness. It will keep for about six months if stored properly.
More Ways to Season Meat
Hamburger Seasoning Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
For hamburgers: 1 pound of 80% ground beef + 1 Tablespoon BBQ sauce
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. You can easily double this recipe, if you'd like to store more for later.
- Place in a small jar until ready to use. When ready to use, mix in 2-3 teaspoons per 1 pound of meat. I usually add about 2 1/2 teaspoons. Then add in 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce for optimal flavor.
- Shape into patties and cook according to preference.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!