Delicious BBQ nachos loaded with crispy tortilla chips, melted cheese, BBQ pork, and all the toppings. This is the perfect weekend meal or appetizer and is ready in just 20 minutes!
Table of Contents
Baked BBQ Nachos
You can’t go wrong with any type of nachos. Whether you’re making skillet nachos, sheet pan nachos, or a nacho bar, they’re bound to be a hit. What’s not to love about chips piled high with cheese, meat, and all of the classic nacho toppings?! So delicious!
These BBQ nachos are one of my all-time favorite dinners to make on the weekends. You know the days when you don’t feel like cooking and just want a quick dinner, this is the dinner for you! They also make an amazing appetizer for a game day!
These are perfect to make when you have leftover BBQ pulled pork or BBQ chicken. Sometimes I’ll also buy the pork already shredded or a rotisserie chicken and mix in a 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce to go with. So easy and seriously delicious!
Ingredients for the Best BBQ Nachos
This is the perfect way to use up any pork from a leftover dinner. Take your nachos to the next level with BBQ pulled pork. Add it to the top of these nachos and get ready for your tastebuds to be thanking you!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Cheddar cheese: It is best to freshly grate your cheddar cheese from a block. Buying it store-bought shredded cheese will have an extra coating of flour that prevents it from melting as well as freshly grated cheese.
- Cheese mixture: Freshly grated mozzarella, Monterey jack, and fontina cheese are all great cheeses that melt quickly and evenly.
- Chips: Grab a bag of tortilla chips or make homemade tortilla chips. The thicker the chip the better!
- BBQ pork: Use the leftover BBQ pork recipe from dinner or make it that day for a tender and juicy pork with a barbecue sauce layer.
- Cilantro: Add a fresh look and color to the top of the pulled pork nachos! Just adds a great touch to the BBQ nacho platter!
Assembling BBQ Nachos
The secret to really good nachos is layering the chips and cheese. Also, the toppings you add on top make all the difference. To get started follow these simple instructions for the best homemade BBQ nachos!
- Layer the ingredients: Add a single layer of thick tortilla chips onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1 cup cheese on top, then add another layer of chips. Add remaining cheese and pork and then drizzle a few Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top.
- Bake in oven: Bake at 375°F until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add toppings: Remove from the oven and add your favorite nacho toppings!
BBQ nachos are the best way to share a delicious dinner or appetizer and feed several people at once. Pick the protein, cheese, and toppings that you love to create the perfect dinner for kids to adults. Grab your forks are dig in!
- Protein: You can use any type of protein you have on hand or prefer eating. Some of my favorite proteins to use for these nachos are pork, chicken, taco meat, or black beans.
- Cheese: You can use a variety of shredded cheese for nachos. I love using a mix of mozzarella and cheddar. Colby Jack and Monterey jack cheese are also great options.
- Toppings: This is the best way to add personality to your nachos. Some of my favorite toppings are avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro. You can also try adding guacamole, pico de gallo, pickled onions, jalapenos, or sour cream.
I find a good sturdy restaurant-style chip is the best. Of course, you can make homemade tortilla chips as well. I would just stay away from thin tortilla chips. You want a thick chip so that it can hold all of the toppings when you break it apart.
Really all your favorite taco and burrito toppings are perfect for nachos! Canned items like corn, beans, diced tomatoes, or even jalapeños. Top it with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa. The options are endless!
It is best to bake the toppings that need to be warm in the oven first. When you are ready to serve, add the extra toppings that are fresh or will get soggy in the oven. This really is a total preference by you!
This is very simple for this recipe! Substitute the pulled pork for the BBQ chicken nachos recipe. This is great with any leftover chicken that you may have from a previous dinner.
5 star review
“Perfect for our taco nights! My family loved this recipe in fact they are asking me to make this again today. That’s how much they loved it!”-Natasha
Let’s just say, you are lucky if you have any leftover pulled pork BBQ nacho meal! Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days long. When ready to reheat, place them in the oven or microwave until they are warmed through.
More Recipes with BBQ Sauce
- 1-2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups freshly grated mozzarella , monterey jack or fontina cheese
- 11 ounce bag tortilla chips , thick ones work best
- 1-2 cups BBQ pork , or chicken
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro , chopped
Optional toppings: BBQ sauce, guacamole, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, red onions, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tortilla chips in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Add a layer of cheese (about 1 cup). Repeat, so that you have 2 layers of chips. Top the final layer of chips with the remaining cheese and pork. Drizzle 2 to 3 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly hot.
- Top with cilantro after you pull out of the oven and then add your favorite toppings, just before serving. Serve immediately.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!