Delicious BBQ nachos loaded with crispy tortilla chips, melted cheese, BBQ pork and all the toppings. This is the perfect weekend meal or appetizer and is ready in just 20 minutes!
You can’t go wrong with any type of nachos. Whether you’re making skillet nachos, a nacho bar or these BBQ pork nachos, they’re bound to be a hit. What’s not to love about chips piled high with cheese, meat and all of the classic nacho toppings. So delicious!
These BBQ nachos are one of my all time favorite dinners to make on the weekends. You know the days when you don’t feel like cooking and just want a quick dinner. They also make an amazing appetizer for a game day!
These are perfect to make when you have leftover BBQ pulled pork or BBQ chicken. Sometimes I’ll also buy the pork already shredded or a rotisserie chicken and mix in a 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce to go with. So easy and seriously delicious!
What are the best chips for nachos?
I find a good sturdy restaurant style chip is the best. Of course you can make homemade tortilla chips as well. I would just stay away from thin tortilla chips. You want a thick chip so that it can hold all of the toppings when you break it apart.
Assembling BBQ nachos
The secret to really good nachos is layering the chips and cheese. Also, the toppings you add on top make all the difference. To get started, follow these steps:
- Layer the ingredients: Add a single layer of thick tortilla chips onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle about 1 cup cheese on top, then add another layer of chips. Add remaining cheese and pork and then drizzle a few Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top.
- Bake in oven: Bake at 375°F until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add toppings: Remove from oven and add your favorite nacho toppings!
- Protein: You can use any type of protein you have on hand or prefer eating. Some of my favorite proteins to use for these nachos are pork, chicken, taco meat or beans.
- Cheese: You can use a variety of cheese for nachos. I love using a mix of mozzarella and cheddar. Colby jack and monterey jack cheese are also great options.
- Toppings: This is the best way to add personality to your nachos. Some of my favorite toppings are avocados, tomatoes and cilantro. You can also try adding guacamole, pico de gallo, pickled onions, jalapenos or sour cream.
More recipes with BBQ sauce:
BBQ Nachos Recipe
- 1-2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups freshly grated mozzarella , monterey jack or fontina cheese
- 11 ounce bag tortilla chips , thick ones work best
- 1-2 cups BBQ pork , or chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
Optional toppings: bbq sauce, guacamole, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, red onions, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tortilla chips in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Add a layer of cheese (about 1 cup). Repeat, so that you have 2 layers of chips. Top the final layer of chips with the remaining cheese and pork. Drizzle 2 to 3 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top if desired. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly hot.
- Top with cilantro after you pull out of the oven and then add your favorite toppings, just before serving. Serve immediately.