This hot corn dip is perfectly creamy and cheesy with the best Mexican flavors. Everyone goes crazy over this easy appetizer recipe!
When it comes to dips, I am an expert taste tester. :) I’ve never met a dip I didn’t like and this hot corn dip is no exception. It’s the perfect combination of creamy, cheesy and downright delicious.
If you’ve never tried hot corn dip, you are seriously missing out! It has SO much flavor and couldn’t be any easier to whip up. Plus it’s the perfect party dish to make when you’re trying to branch out from the traditional appetizer recipes.
The dip is a combination of canned corn, red pepper, green pepper, jalapeno, mayo and cheese. It’s super creamy and the cheese gets nice and gooey. It kind of reminds me of creamed corn or corn casserole, but it’s creamier and the flavors have a wonderful Mexican twist.
I topped mine with some chopped fresh tomato and green onion and then used tortilla chips for dipping. It was a huge hit and was empty within about 30 minutes of walking in the door!
How to make hot corn dip
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Preheat oven and grease pan. Heat oven to 350°F and grease a large skillet or pan.
- Combine ingredients and add to pan. In a bowl, combine corn, chilies, cheeses, sour cream, mayo, jalapeno and salt. Spread into the pan.
- Bake. Bake the corn dip uncovered until bubbly around the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Top and serve. Add desired toppings and serve with chips or crackers.
Can you half the recipe?
This recipe fills a large skillet or 9×13″ pan, but it’s definitely super easy to cut in half too. If you’re serving a smaller crowd, simply half the ingredients and add to a 8×8″ baking dish.
Slow cooker version
This corn dip also cooks up wonderfully in a slow cooker! Just simply place the dip mixture in a crockpot and cook on low for 1-2 hours, or until bubbly. Then turn the setting to warm until you’re ready to serve.
Can it be made ahead of time?
This appetizer can easily be made ahead of time. Prepare mixture and add to a baking dish. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in fridge.
When ready to serve, remove lid or wrap and bake at 350°F until warm and bubbly. You may need to bake an extra 5-10 minutes because the dip was chilled for an extended period in the fridge.
The toppings are optional, however they do add extra flavor and taste delicious. My personal favorites are sliced green onions and diced tomatoes.
- Sliced green onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced red bell pepper
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced jalapeno
- Crumbled bacon
Favorites for dipping
You can’t go wrong with any of these tasty dipping options below:
- Tortilla chips
- You can use fresh corn if preferred. You’ll need about 4-5 ears of corn.
- If using fresh corn, I’d recommend adding in about 1/2 to 1 cup bell peppers for extra flavor.
- I love to bake my corn dip in a cast iron skillet, but a 9×13 pan works great too.
- Feel free to top with more shredded cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes until golden and melted.
- To store, simply add to an airtight container and place in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
- To reheat, bake in oven until bubbly and warm throughout, about 15-20 minutes.
Other Mexican appetizers:
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 7-Layer Dip
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Mini Taco Cups
Hot Corn Dip
- 33 ounces Mexicorn (three 11 ounce cans, drained)
- 7 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (or sharp cheddar) , shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper , optional
S&P to taste
Optional for topping: sliced green onions, diced tomatoes or red bell pepper, chopped cilantro
For serving: tortilla chips, crackers or fritos
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch skillet or a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine, corn, chilies, cheeses, sour cream, mayo, jalapeno and salt. Spread into the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, green onions and/or cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.