Creamy Chicken Taquitos – an easy and delicious crock pot meal teaming a creamy, delectable chicken mixture with Tex Mex spices. A perfect dinner for busy weeknights!
I made these on Friday and they were so good, I just had to share!
I love being able to prepare dinner earlier in the day, so when the dinner rush time is here, it’s a breeze to get on the table!
I topped mine with pico and served with cilantro rice and beans!
Enjoy this delicious, easy weeknight meal? You’ll like these, too!
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup red or green salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey or pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken , I like to use rotisserie chicken
- 12 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
S&P, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
Optional toppings & sides: Mexican rice, beans, guacamole, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together the cream cheese, salsa, cumin and garlic powder. Then add the cheese, cilantro and chicken.
- Place 3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and roll up. Place seem of tortilla on pan. Lightly brush the tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle salt on top if desired.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.