A simple and delicious homemade vanilla ice cream recipe that’s made with NO eggs! Perfect for adding your favorite toppings, like crushed Reese’s and chocolate sauce!
If you’ve never made homemade ice cream before, you’re going to love this recipe! It’s super creamy and tastes so delicious. You’ll be making your own from now on instead of buying cartons from the store. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, no worries! Check out my easy no churn ice cream.
One of my favorite desserts to make is homemade ice cream. I especially love to make it for my family during the summer, but let’s be honest – we love to eat it all year long. :) This recipe is super easy to make and contains NO eggs! I combined it with Reese’s peanut butter cups (my favorite candy), but it tastes absolutely delicious without the Reese’s as well. Feel free to mix in any of your favorite toppings to make the ultimate treat!
5 simple ingredients
- Heavy cream
How to make homemade ice cream
MIX. Start by mixing together the heavy cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and salt in a pan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a slight boil (stirring constantly), then remove from heat. Keep stirring until all of the sugar crystals have dissolved. Then place in the fridge until it’s cooled completely.
CHURN. Once the mixture has cooled in the fridge, pour it in your ice cream maker. Churn for about 20 minutes (or until it looks like frozen yogurt), then add in toppings of choice. Continue churning until you reach a desired consistency.
STORE. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer to become firm. Then scoop into bowls and add any extra toppings of choice!
The topping options are endless! Below are a few of my favorites, but you can add any topping that sounds good to you!
- Reese’s peanut butter cups (or candy of choice)
- Hot fudge
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Berries (or fruit of choice)
- Edible cookie dough pieces
- Oreo crumbles
- Fresh nuts (such as pecans, almonds or peanuts)
- Crumbled waffle cone
- Fresh strawberry jam
More ways to use it:
- Add a scoop on top of a warm pizookie
- Use it to make a banana split
- Serve on top of peach cobbler or baked peaches
- Use it to make an ice cream cake
- Make a milkshake or homemade butterbeer
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 10 Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except Reese's or topping of choice) in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil, stirring constantly and then remove from heat. Stir until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Place in the refrigerator to allow to cool completely.
- Place cream in your ice cream maker and begin to churn. As soon as it looks like frozen yogurt (about 20 minutes in), add the chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups (or you can leave plain and add toppings once scooped).
- Continue mixing until you reach a desired consistency. Store in an air tight container in the freezer to become firm. Enjoy while cold!