Lemon raspberry cupcakes topped with fresh raspberries. The perfect dessert for Spring!
To celebrate Spring time and warmer weather (yay!) I thought I would share this delicious cupcake recipe. One of my all time favorite combos is lemon and raspberry. There is just something so refreshing with the two flavors together. These cupcakes are so easy to whip up and will be sure to wow your guests! Top with a fresh raspberry for the ultimate treat.
Looking for more raspberry recipes? You’ll love these too:
Lemon raspberry cupcakes
- 15 ounces 15 oz box lemon cake mix
- 3.4 ounces 3.4 oz box lemon pudding (dry)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 canola oil
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix and dry pudding mix. Next mix in the eggs, canola oil and water. Finally stir in the sour cream and lemon zest.
- Pour cake mix into the cupcake liners (about 3/4 the way full). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they spring back when touched. Do not over cook. You can also test with a tooth pick to make sure the centers are cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and vanilla with a mixer, until nice and fluffy. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar, saving the last 1/2 cup. Add in raspberries and mix until combined. Slowly add the last 1/2 cup powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes :)