This slow cooker sweet pork tacos are made with 5 ingredients and only take 5 minutes of prep work! Tastes great in tacos, burritos, salads and enchiladas!
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know I love all things Mexican food! Whether it’s green chile enchiladas, chicken fajitas, burrito bowls, this birria taco recipe or even just chips and restaurant style salsa…count me in. I could eat Mexican food every day!
Back home, I love to visit Cafe Rio and get their sweet pork salads or burritos. I’ve tried making recipes that claim to taste just like it, but they took sooo long. And there were so many complicated steps!
Like soaking the roast for 12 hours. Then searing it. Then soaking it another 12 hours. And then cooking it and shredding and more soaking. Who has time for that? Not me! Especially not on a busy school night. Which is why this recipe or my carnitas tacos in the pressure cooker are so great. All the flavor of my favorite sweet pork back home plus super easy to make.
Plus it’s made in the slow cooker! The crockpot is one of my favorite gadgets in my kitchen. Whoever created it is pretty much a genius I tell ya! Just set it and go! This Cafe Rio sweet pork recipe is absolutely perfect for busy weeknights or Taco Tuesday. An easy 5-ingredient crockpot meal served in no time!
I love that these shredded pork tacos take just 5 ingredients to make and only 5 minutes of prep! Check out the pork tacos ingredients below.
- Pork sirloin tip roast
- Red enchilada sauce
- Brown sugar
- Taco seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Pork Tacos
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Add pork to bottom of slow cooker and turn heat to low.
- Whisk together remaining sauce ingredients in a small bowl (only using 1/2 cup brown sugar), then pour over pork. Cover crockpot with lid.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours, until pork is fork tender and easily shreds. Remove any extra fat and shred the pork. Then add in remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir. S&P to taste.
- Serve sweet pork inside of tortillas and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Favorite Taco Toppings
There are so many delicious toppings that you can add to these pork tacos! Below are a few of our favorites.
- Pico de gallo
- Mango salsa
- Red or green salsa
- Pineapple salsa
- Sour cream
- Cilantro lime crema
- Lime juice
What Goes Well with Tacos for Dinner?
- Mexican rice
- Black or pinto beans
- Coconut rice
- Mexican street corn
- Roasted vegetables (like peppers, zucchini and onions)
Other Ways to Use Sweet Pork
This pork can really be used any way you like it. We usually make tacos the first night and then make burritos, enchiladas or salads with the sweet pork leftovers. It even tastes amazing on top of a baked potato.
More Taco Tuesday Recipes
Slow Cooker Sweet Pork
- Place the pork in the slow cooker and turn it on to low.
- Whisk together the enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, taco seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Then pour over the pork and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until it easily shreds with a fork. Remove any extra fat and shred the pork. Then stir in the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve inside of tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!