I love soft sugar cookies topped with LOTS of frosting and a few sprinkles on top. :)
I use 2 different frostings with these cookies. I’ll give you both of them, because they are both super yummy!
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 TB heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- food coloring and sprinkles
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
Now for the best tip for perfect sugar cookies…
- Before rolling out your dough, separate in two sections and wrap dough in saran wrap dusted with powdered sugar.
- Roll out your dough on a baking mat or parchment paper (so you don’t have to peel up the shapes).
- Dust cookie cutter with powdered sugar and cut out shapes. Slowly remove the excess dough.
- Carefully place mat on baking sheet, then bake.
Seriously I wish I would have learned this tip sooner. Now you’ll always have perfect shaped cookies. Thanks to an awesome friend for the tip! Have you done this before? My sugar cookies are forever changed. ;)
My little girls favorite part… decorating them! Enjoy!
Looking for more sugar cookie recipes? Check out these: