Instant pot spaghetti is perfect for those busy nights where you need dinner to come together quickly. It’s cooked in just one pot in 30 minutes, making the clean up a breeze!
This recipe may not include your traditional homemade spaghetti sauce or bolognese sauce (which if you have the time, you need to try!), but it still tastes amazing. Whenever I’m craving spaghetti but need something easy and fast, this instant pot version is my saving grace. It’s so delicious and requires hardly any dishes and time.
This is by far the EASIEST way to make spaghetti! I’ll show exactly how to use the Instant Pot to make spaghetti with absolutely NO precooking the noodles. It’s perfect for those nights when you have no idea what’s for dinner and need to make something FAST!
I usually have all the ingredients on hand and make it at least once a month. I love to add ground beef when making mine, but you could easily include noodles only. The pressure cooker does everything for you in one pot, making clean up SUPER easy.
The best part about this spaghetti is that everyone in my family will eat it and actually enjoys it. That’s a win in my book. I’m all about easy recipes that I can make for my family during the week that aren’t a hassle. This is definitely one of those meals!
Reasons to love it:
- Made in one pot. Any meal that only requires only one pot is an immediate winner!
- No precooking noodles. Add the dry noodles to the instant pot. No precooking needed.
- 30 minutes. This is a quick 30-minute meal that won’t have you slaving in the kitchen all day.
- Easy clean up. Only one pot to clean! Talk about a dream come true.
Tips for success
- Thaw your meat. If you’re pulling out meat from the freezer, thaw it in the fridge overnight so that it’s ready to go the next day. You can also thaw it in the microwave for a quicker alternative.
- Sauté first. Make sure to brown the meat first with the onions and garlic. Definitely don’t just add the meat in raw. That’s the beauty of the instant pot…you can sauté and pressure cook all in one pot!
- Break the noodles. Before adding them into the pot, make sure to break the noodles in half. Then layer them into the pot crisscrossed on top of the meat. This helps keep them from clumping up. Also, no stirring once you add the noodles in the pot!
- Use a glove. Make sure to use a glove when removing the lid. The steam makes it super hot to touch, so you don’t want to burn your hand.
- Watery. When you first remove the lid, the spaghetti may appear a little watery. This is normal. Give it a good stir, then let the pasta rest for a few minutes before serving. It will thicken right up!
- You can use ground turkey for a lighter alternative.
- You can use frozen cooked meatballs instead of ground beef. Warm them up separately in the microwave while the spaghetti cooks, then mix them in with the noodles once you remove the lid.
- Make vegetarian by omitting the ground beef.
- If you like heat, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- To make creamy, mix in a few Tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Transform this dish into a whole new meal by using leftovers to make cheesy spaghetti boats.
Favorite sides for serving
While the spaghetti cooks, feel free to whip up a few quick sides for serving. Below are some yummy ideas to try:
- Easy garlic bread
- Chopped salad
- Parmesan broccoli
- Steamed vegetables
- Italian salad
- Garlic cheese rolls
More easy instant pot dinners:
- Instant pot baked ziti
- Instant pot meatloaf
- Chicken taco bowls
- Instant pot orange chicken
- Instant pot meatballs
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles , about 3/4 package
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 2/3 cups water
For serving (optional): Chopped basil or parsley and parmesan cheese
- Set instant pot to saute and add the onions and garlic. Cook a minute and then add in the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned. Drain any grease if needed and season to taste. Then turn the instant pot off.
- Break the noodles in half and layer (crisscross) on top of the meat in the instant pot. Then pour the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and water over top.
- Seal the instant pot and set it to manual, high pressure for 7 minutes. When the time is up, use the quick release (with a glove) and stand back. Remove the lid and toss the spaghetti with tongs. Let sit for a minute or two to release extra liquid and then serve while hot.
- Top spaghetti with shredded parmesan and basil if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.