A fresh and delicious salad made with lettuce, grilled corn, tomatoes, peppers, onions, avocado and tender sliced steak. Then topped with a sweet and tangy balsamic dressing. This steak salad is super quick, easy and hardly requires any prep!
Steak is a summer time favorite for us. If we’re not making grilled steak kabobs or steak tacos, then we’re making this delicious salad recipe. It’s full of fresh summer vegetables and is quick and easy to whip up. You’ll have dinner on the table in just 20 minutes!
This steak salad has been on repeat this summer! It’s so easy to make and doesn’t involve much prep work. It’s perfect for one of those nights when you forgot to marinate your steak. Now if you have the time, you can definitely use this easy steak marinade. Either way works great.
I love this salad because it uses all fresh ingredient and taste like a big yummy salad you would order at a restaurant. I love to top it with this balsamic dressing or even this creamy balsamic dressing that I make with my favorite Mediterranean salad.
- Steak: I prefer sirloin, but you could use a flank steak on this salad as well. Cook to your desired doneness.
- Greens: I love chopped romaine, but you can also add in a spring mix, spinach or kale.
- Corn: This is a must for this salad. It adds the perfect flavor and cooks right alongside the meat on the grill. If you don’t have time to make grilled corn, try quickly cooking your corn in the microwave.
- Red bell peppers: These add the perfect crunch and color to this salad. You could also use a orange or yellow bell pepper.
- Tomatoes: You can use any type of tomatoes, I picked some fresh from my garden!
- Red onion: I know not everyone is a fan of red onion, but I love the extra punch it adds.
- Avocado: This is optional, but avocados make every salad better in my opinion. Cut the avocado into slices.
- Balsamic dressing: I love to drizzle this salad with my homemade balsamic dressing, but you could use your favorite store bought as well.
Steak salad preparation
GRILL. Rub the steak rub onto the meat and then place onto a preheated grill. Cook at medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the outsides are charred and the middle has reached the desired doneness. While the steak is cooking, add the corn to the grill and cook until it’s lightly golden and tender.
CHOP. Chop the veggies on a cutting board into small pieces. Then slice the steak against the grain into strips.
ASSEMBLE. Add the lettuce in a bowl and top with the chopped veggies and sliced steak. Then finish it off with a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the steak in the oven or make steak bites on the stove.
- Feta or blue cheese make a great addition to this salad.
- Sometimes I add homemade croutons for an extra crunch.
- Feel free to use other dressings like ranch, blue cheese dressing or an easy vinaigrette.
More fresh salad recipes:
Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak , can use flank steak as well
- 1 corn on the cob
- 2-3 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 8 cups romaine lettuce , chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
Optional toppings: balsamic dressing, sliced avocado, red onion, fresh basil, croutons
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub steak seasoning onto steak and then place onto grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches 160°F.
- Add the corn to the grill while the steak is cooking. Rotate every few minutes. Cook until lightly golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Chop veggies into small pieces. Then place lettuce in a bowl.
- Slice steak against the grain and then place on top of the salad. Add corn, tomatoes and bell peppers. Add sliced avocado, red onions and any other vegetables if desired. Drizzle with your favorite balsamic dressing.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!