Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – Made with only 5 ingredients in just 30 minutes. A quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
We love Mexican food at our house and make it at least once a week. These easy chicken fajitas are frequently on rotation, as well as slow cooker chicken tinga, shredded chicken tacos, Mexican stuffed shells, baked chicken taquitos and crockpot chicken taco bowls.
So I know I’ve mentioned this before, but my family loves Mexican food. We make it once a week and go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant once a month. My husband always orders fajitas and I usually get tacos. We love making both at home. It’s so much cheaper and healthier as well. But sometimes it’s nice to go out too. Mainly for the chips and salsa. I can’t get enough. :)
This chicken fajita recipe is seriously so easy to make and takes no time at all. If you line your pan with foil beforehand, you’ll have very few dishes. The thing I love about these easy chicken fajitas is that everything is cooked in the pan. Aren’t sheet pan dinners the best?! They save my sanity on busy weeknights.
Easy chicken fajitas
I love all the bright delicious flavors here. We can’t get enough of these chicken fajitas! The leftover filling also tastes great in our EASY fajita salad as well. So filling and taste amazing!
Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
For these chicken fajitas, all you’ll need is 5 simple ingredients. I’m telling you, this chicken fajita recipe couldn’t get any easier.
Chicken: We like to use chicken in our fajitas, but you could use steak or shrimp too.
Bell peppers: I use a mixture of red, green and yellow bell pepper. Feel free to use pepper color of choice.
Fajita seasoning: To make it easier, I use store bought fajita seasoning…however you could make your own too.
Oil: I use about 2 tablespoons of olive oil for these chicken fajitas. The oil helps the fajita seasoning to stick to the chicken and veggies.
Tortillas: We typically use flour tortillas, but corn tortillas work great too. You could even serve the chicken fajitas over a bed of rice. If you want a low carb option, try making lettuce wraps with romaine lettuce.
Favorite toppings for chicken fajitas
Don’t forget to load the chicken fajitas with all your favorite toppings! All optional, of course…but highly recommended. :)
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Red salsa or salsa verde
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped onions
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 lb, sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fajita seasoning
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas, or lettuce wraps
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: Fresh limes, chopped cilantro, avocado slices or guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 415°F.
- Place the bell peppers and onions onto a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, while you slice the chicken.
- Then place the chicken on the pan and drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle on the Fajita seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are fork tender. I like to stir the vegetables half way through, and drain off any excess liquid from the pan around 15 minutes. If you like your vegetables a little more browned, bump up the heat to 425°F half way through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the fajita chicken inside a tortilla, on top of a bed of rice or salad if you’re watching your carbs. Top with your favorite toppings.