These delicious mini cheesecakes with vanilla wafers are the perfect bite-sized sweet treat! So easy and made with only 5 simple ingredients. The best quick and yummy dessert!
Table of Contents
Perfect Bite-Sized Dessert
Mini desserts are one of my favorites to make when entertaining or hosting a dinner party! They are so cute and perfect for guests to easily grab and enjoy. Some of my other top bite-sized treats are mini fruit tarts, chocolate truffles, Oreo balls, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
For these mini cheesecakes with vanilla wafers, I used a classic cherry pie filling, but you can easily make them with different toppings as well. They taste great with different kinds of fresh berries which is my favorite in this cheesecake bars recipe or try hot fudge sauce on top for something a bit more decadent!
5 Simple Ingredients
This nilla wafer cheesecake recipe is so easy and only requires 5 ingredients! Grab the pantry staples and get ready to make a delicious and easy treat. It is a simple dessert that everyone loves!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Vanilla wafer cookies: I used these instead of the classic graham cracker crust. They taste amazing and there’s no extra work required!
- Cream cheese: Make sure it’s softened before using. If it’s too cold, the filling could be lumpy and not smooth.
- Eggs: Use two large eggs. Make sure they’re fresh.
- Sugar: This helps balance out the tang from the cream cheese.
- Vanilla: For an extra boost of flavor add a little extra vanilla.
How to Make Mini Cheesecake with Vanilla Wafers
In six easy steps, you will have these adorable mini cheesecakes layered and baked together perfectly. Top with your favorite topping and enjoy each bite of sweet, fruity, and savory!
- Layer. Fill a muffin pan with cupcake liners and place 2 vanilla wafers at the bottom of each one. Alternatively, you can use a silicone muffin pan if you prefer no liners.
- Combine. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Cheesecake filling. Then mix in eggs (one at a time), lemon juice (optional, see note below), and vanilla.
- Add batter. Divide batter between 12 liners, filling each cup up to about 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake cheesecake. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool completely. You can also chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Cherry topping. Once chilled, add your favorite toppings before serving.
You can make mini cheesecakes with graham cracker crust if you prefer the traditional version. Just press the graham cracker crust into the base of the silicone muffin pan (or inside a liner), then add the filling on top.
Using the graham cracker crust does take a little bit more time, but is worth the extra effort! You could even use an Oreo crust if preferred. I topped mine with some chocolate sauce and a fresh sliced strawberry.
5 star review
“What a great simple easy dessert! My guest loved them and I was able to make them ahead of time.”-Diana
Nilla Wafer Cheesecake Toppings
I love that these mini bites are so customizable! I love to use the classic cherry pie filling, but it’s definitely fun to switch it up sometimes. Below are a few toppings that would taste delicious on your mini cheesecake with vanilla wafers.
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Lemon curd with blueberries
- Apple pie filling
- Crushed cookies
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge
- Crushed candy bars
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Whipped cream
If the cheesecake has too much air from being overmixed, the top will rise and will eventually sink once it cools down.
It is a little bit hard to know when your cheesecakes are done because they are a light golden color. To know when your mini cheesecakes are done, give the pan a little jiggle to know what is firm but also wiggles a bit.
Once the cheesecakes cool starts to contract during this time. As it is contracting and the edges are stuck to the pan crack form. Try not to overbake these treats. The center needs to be a little jiggly and the edges need to be apart to stop the cracks.
Storing + Freezing
Here are some helpful tips and ideas for storing these vanilla cheesecakes. This creamy cheesecake filling needs to be stored in the fridge to keep it fresh. Enjoy these treats made ahead or have them for leftovers.
- To store: These will last about 3 to 5 days if stored in the refrigerator. They never last that long in our house though…my family eats them right up. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container when storing them in the fridge.
- To freeze: I’d recommend wrapping each of your cheesecake bites in plastic wrap, then adding it to a zip-top freezer bag. They’ll last in the freezer for about a month. When ready to eat, thaw at room temp for 5-10 minutes to soften before enjoying.
Do you love fruit desserts and treats?! Then you will love these mini fruit tarts, or this fruit and veggie platter, and this fresh fruit tart for your next party or snack.
More Recipe You’ll Love
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Mini Cheesecakes with Vanilla Wafers
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 Nilla Wafer Cookies
Optional toppings: Canned pie filling, fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate or caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Then mix in eggs (one at a time), lemon juice (optional, see note below), and vanilla.
- Fill a standard muffin pan with cupcake liners and place 2 vanilla wafers at the bottom of each one. Alternatively you can use a silicone muffin pan if you prefer no liners. Divide batter between 12 liners, filling each cup up to about 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool completely. You can also chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Once chilled, add your favorite toppings before serving.
- You can make a graham cracker crust and press about 1/4″ into the bottom of a silicone muffin pan. I would use 2/3 cup crushed graham crackers, 2 Tablespoons melted butter and 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- You could also use an OREO as the base and add crushed OREOS to the top like I do in these mini oreo cheesecakes.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
You talk about lemon juice in your first step in the instructions but it’s not listed as an ingredient???
Hi Fran, I like to add a couple of teaspoons of fresh lemon juice sometimes too, however this is optional. I’ve found that the citrus helps to add some tartness and balance out the cream cheese flavor.
Great recipe! Thank you for sharing. I had a problem with the cheesecake sticking to my cupcake liners. Do you recommend spraying paper liners before filling and baking?
Also, I have tried a different recipe with only one cookie at the bottom and I’m looking forward to trying it with two because it wasn’t enough. Thanks again!
Yes, you could spray the liners with nonstick spray first to ensure you won’t have any sticking :)
thank you for replying! I tried spraying the liners and the cookies floated to the top while baking. So I had mini upside down cheesecakes. haha! The good news is there was no sticking so they turned out a lot better. going to try one more time and I will put the cookies in the liners, THEN spray, and then fill & bake. Thank you again! they get better every time :-)
This is a very old recipe. I remember having these in the 70s.
Delicious! Everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing!
What a great simple easy dessert! My guest loved them and I was able to make them ahead of time.
So glad to hear your guests loved these!
My 12 year old son and I just made these today and they turned out fantastic! Thanks so much!
So glad to hear, thanks for sharing :D
I made these for Valentine’s Day and they were just perfect! Delicious, cute and a great size to not over induldge!
We love anything mini so I was excited to make these. They are incredible. Great recipe!
So glad you loved the recipe, Kelly!
I just made these and loved how easy they are! And crazy quick and delicious. I can’t wait to try these out with some of your topping ideas! Thanks for the awesome recipe.
You’re welcome! So many fun toppings to try :)