Top 27 Halloween desserts – These dessert recipes are the perfect options to reach for this season! Whether you are enjoying the holiday with adult friends or with a classroom of kids, there is an option for everyone in this collection.
Table of Contents
Simple Halloween Desserts Everyone will Love
Halloween is my favorite time of year! I love the cool weather, fall decor, costumes and not to mention desserts! Halloween desserts are so fun to decorate and bring to parties. Everyone always loves them!
As the summer begins to wrap up and the cooler fall air comes to town, I begin to get excited for Halloween. I love all the changing leaves, the fun family events like pumpkin carving, hayrides, and of course ALL THE FOOD…especially dessert!
Getting into the Halloween Spirit
These Halloween dessert recipes are broken up into different categories so you can choose the perfect one for your festivities. For instance, little ones will love decorating Halloween sugar cookies while older kids (or adults) may prefer making mummy hot dogs. You may also not want to serve scary desserts to your young preschoolers—but your older teens will love them!
These Halloween dessert ideas will have you in a spooky mood this season, but there are also plenty of fall-appropriate desserts here as well. Who knew a pumpkin cookie could be so versatile?
You’ll be amazed to see the range of creativity within all of these easy desserts–just look at the Halloween gingerbread houses. There truly is something for everyone here! Pull out your cauldron—er, mixing bowl—and get to baking!
Halloween Desserts for Kids
Let’s face it: kids are what make Halloween fun for most of us moms! Their little faces light up with all the magic of the season, and they get so excited about everything.
However, with kids (especially the young ones) we have to work hard to keep Halloween light and fun, instead of spooky and dark. These desserts for kids strike the perfect balance of slightly spooky but most silly. Every one of these cute Halloween desserts is 100% kid-approved.
- Spider Cookies. Made with only 6 ingredients, these creepy-crawly cookies are sure to make any kid scream … with joy.
- Halloween Sugar Cookies. Using the classic soft sugar cookie recipe, these cookies can take any shape and capture the Halloween spirit perfectly.
- Monster Cookies. The name alone is enough to make these cookies, but add peanut butter, oats and double the chocolate and you have the ideal treat.
- Halloween Gingerbread House. Get creative with graham crackers and create a haunted house spooky enough to eat.
- Disney Caramel Apples. What goes better with Halloween than caramel apples? How about ones shaped like an iconic character?
- Caramel Popcorn Balls. Make these nostalgic Halloween treats in just 15 minutes in the microwave.
Scary Halloween Desserts
Alternatively, there are some times when you just want some Halloween baking ideas that are on the scarier side. These dessert recipes are not ones I’d make for young children—they aren’t exactly G-rated.
These scary Halloween desserts get creative with all kinds of elements to create spooky desserts that’ll send a shiver down your spine.
- Halloween Oreo Balls. Make ghosts, mummies, spiders and more with just a few simple ingredients.
- Mummy Hot Dogs. That’s a wrap! Just 2 ingredients are needed to create these playful finger foods.
- Chocolate Pudding Pie Spiders by Lil Luna. Mini pies that take creepy (and delicious) to a new level.
- Jack Skeleton Balsamic Cherry Pie by Family Spice. The Pumpkin King is transformed into a tasty and tangy pie.
- Rice Krispies Treat Marshmallow Brains by Sprinkles and Sprouts. Yes, brains. These fun Halloween treats may look gross, but thankfully taste delightful.
Healthier Halloween Desserts
As you know, Halloween is one of the most sugar-fueled holidays of the year. What other celebrations center solely around collecting candy? It’s practically guaranteed that all the party tables are going to be stuffed with caloric treats.
Bringing one of these healthy and easy Halloween desserts will be more than welcome at your next gathering.
- Halloween Veggie Tray. Grab your favorite dip and create a playful way for kids to eat their veggies.
- Apple Monster Teeth. Made with apples, peanut butter, and marshmallows, these fun snacks are sure to make your little smile.
- Toffee Caramel Dip. You can whip up this party-friendly dip in just 5 minutes with 4 simple ingredients
- Pumpkin Muffins with a Cake Mix. A quick muffin that is sure to lift any spirit (pun intended).
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. This is a great and delicious way to use up all those leftover pumpkin seed after carving.
Halloween Party Desserts
If I had to choose my favorite part of Halloween, it’d be a hard choice between Trick-Or-Treating with the kids or attending all the fun parties! We usually have several to go to each season, so I always keep this list of easy desserts for parties at hand.
The pumpkin cheesecake dip is always a winner, as is every other one of the party desserts on this list. Trust me—the dish will be scraped clean and you’ll have to promise almost everyone that you’ll send the recipe!
- Halloween Deviled Eggs. I love to make deviled eggs year-round, and Halloween is no exception. You just need an olive to turn an ordinary egg into a spider.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip. This easy, no-bake dip can be served as an appetizer or dessert and is a monster hit at any party.
- 3-Ingredient Halloween Punch. This fizzy and brightly colored punch practically screams Halloween party.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pumpkins. Make everyday pretzels into an addictive treat. Great recipe to do with the kids.
- Halloween Candy Popcorn. Packed with white chocolate and candy, this popcorn is a sweet and salty snack that is sure to disappear.
Halloween Desserts for Adults
Who says Halloween is just for kids? I think most adults love the fanciful, spooky festivities just as much, if not more, than children. If you are heading to a party with some grown-up friends this season, make sure to choose one of these baking ideas to wow the crowd.
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies. These could also be called death by chocolate, thanks to the decadent richness of semi-sweet chips, chocolate chunks and cocoa powder.
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake. Pumpkin and cream cheese frosting come together to create a scary good time.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. A dessert than can be eaten on the go and has maple cream cheese frosting. Need I say more?
- The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is one recipe everyone will scream about and will be begging for a copy.
- Pumpkin Blondies. I love a good bar, especially for a party. This one combines pumpkin and chocolate to create a sweet treat without any tricks.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll. This swirling masterpiece of pumpkin cake and cream cheese frosting is sure to make any jaw drop.
I hope you have enjoyed my favorite picks for Halloween desserts. Which one of these will you make first this season?