Green chile enchiladas
Creamy green chile enchiladas with chicken -creamy, full of flavor and super satisfying! Holy smokes……So GOOD! These are on our “favorite” list and are the recipe is requested by anyone who tries them! They taste better than the ones from my favorite Mexican restaurant.
Enchiladas are on the menu ATLEAST once a month at our house. We love them! Green chile enchiladas are one of our favorites. I took one of my old recipes and turned it “creamy” to create the perfect enchiladas. I love how they turned out! These have the perfect combination of flavors and taste absolutely delicious! They do have a little kick to them, so if you don’t like things spicy make sure to take out the chili powder and cumin.
Variations for these green chile enchiladas
- Use leftover shredded pork or beef in place of chicken
- Add black beans
- Mix in your favorite vegetables such as peppers
Green chile enchiladas
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (omit if you don't like things too spicy, add more if you do)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4,5 ounce can diced green chilis, about 1/2 cup
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened (more if you'd like extra creamy)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 (14-ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/2-1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- cilantro (optional)
1. Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, garlic, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, lime and green chili in a medium sized bowl. Stir until combined.
2. Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons into each tortilla and roll it up. Place a little enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish and then put the tortillas in.
3. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 more minutes, until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Allow to cool and enjoy! Top with fresh cilantro if desired.
You can top them with cilantro when they come out of the oven.
You’ll love these too:
Thanks for reading come back soon!