So you probably wouldn’t want to make these every night-but they sure are good!! You deserve them, they are so yummy!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas !
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas!
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 4oz can diced chile
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican style cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa fresh is best
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1 8oz can of el pato
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Place 4 pieces of chicken in a crock pot on high with your favorite spices and 1/4 cup water. Cook for 5 hours. Then remove chicken from pot and shred. You could also use a rotisserie chicken.
- In a frying pan melt butter and saute the onions and green chilies. Over medium heat mix in cream cheese, Mexican style cheese and salsa. Once the cheese is melted, mix in the shredded chicken.
- Place about 3 Tb. of the chicken filling in a flour tortilla. Then roll it up like an enchilada and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together El Pato Sauce and heavy whipping cream. Then pour the sauce over the enchiladas. Cover with cheese and foil then bake at 350 for 20 min. Then bake 10 more minutes uncovered. Take it out when it's nice and bubbly!
These enchiladas probably have a lot of calories, but just pretend it’s your birthday and enjoy them…that’s what I did anyway!! ;)