Delicious chicken taco bowls
Aright friends… it’s back to the daily grind. Today I’m sharing a super yummy recipe: Taco bowls! I admit I’m having a bit of post holiday depression. Do you ever get that way? I always love a new year for a fresh start, but I’m a little sad the holidays are over. Not to mention my inbox is terrifying. It felt really good to take a week off, but now it’s time to catch up. Someone give me motivation! ;)
I do have a super yummy recipe for you today. These chicken taco bowls are delish! My husband even declared them his new FAVORITE dish. Now that’s saying something. I think I’ll be adding this meal to my menu again this month. Speaking of… would you guys like me to post my menu’s again?
Okay so there are a few reasons why I love this dish…
1. You can throw it all in a crock pot (in less than 5 minutes).
2. It’s some-what healthy!
3. You can freeze the leftovers. Just place the chicken in a freezer zip lock bag and pull it out when you need a quick meal.
The shredded chicken also works great in tacos or burritos!
Chicken taco bowl
Delicious chicken taco bowls & Cilantro lime rice
- 11/2 lb chicken 4 large frozen chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1/2 lime juiced about 1/2 TB
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 TB butter
- 1 cup uncooked white long rice
- juice and zest 1 large lime
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chicken in a large crock pot and pour water and salsa over the chicken. Next add in chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic, lime juice, black beans and corn. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until chicken easily shreds.
2. Make the rice: In a skillet melt butter with rice. Add the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
3. Serve chicken over rice. Optional: top with cheese, avocados, sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.
When I'm in a hurry I'll throw a brown rice bag in the microwave (they're from Costco and they only take 3 minutes to cook)... but if I have some time I will make cilantro lime rice (the BEST).
Enjoy!! Let me know how you like it.
You’ll love these too:
Hope you guys are having a happy new year! xo