Taco soup is by far the most requested meal at my house. My husband LOVES it and could probably eat it twice a week. It’s one of my favorite meals too. Heck the kids even love it…and they are PICKY! I just don’t add the taco seasoning to their bowls. It’s definitely one of our all time favorite (EASY) recipes to make! I originally posted this recipe two years ago but wanted to post my “re-vamped” version with fall just around the corner.
Everyone I make this for always asks for the “secret” taco soup recipe. I promise it’s super easy to make. If my husband can make this…YOU can too! ;)
World’s best taco soup recipe!
- 1 lb hamburger or turkery burger (You can leave out the meat as well)
- 2 TB taco seasoning more or less to taste
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ozcan kindey beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto or white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 1 can rotel tomato's
- 1 15 oz can diced tomato's
- 1/4 cup salsa fresh is best
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- Brown hamburger in a large pan. Add in onions, bell peppers and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add a little water if it starts getting too thick. You could also put this soup in a crock pot and let cook on low for several hours.
- Top with your favorite fix in's. Our favorites are sour cream and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
This soup is a great freezer meal. Allow the soup to cool and then place in a freezer Ziploc bag or container. It will stay good up to six months in the freezer.
For more yummy recipe make sure to check out my recipe box
. You’ll love these too:
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day!