Hey friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was SO cold here in AZ, we snuggled in blankets and kept our slippers on all weekend. We are such babies in AZ! I’ve been in the mood for soup ALL winter, and we’ve been enjoying lots of it. There’s nothing better than warm soup on a cold day. Don’t you agree?
Over the weekend I created a fun twist to my original taco soup recipe. I mixed in VELVEETA® cheese and the creaminess mixed with the Ro*Tel® gave it a yummy kick.
This recipe is one of our favorite family recipes! Everyone I make it for always love it too.
CheesyTaco Soup #velveetarotel
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (10oz) Ro*Tel®
- 1 (15oz) can corn
- 1 (15oz) can black beans-drained
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans-drained
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa (optional)
- 1-2 TB taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-6oz VELVEETA®
- In a large pan brown together ground beef, onion, peppers, salt and pepper over medium high heat. Once the beef is browned add in the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined and cover. Turn to low heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, cheese and whatever other fix in’s you like. We always eat this soup with tortilla chips as well…don’t even bother with the spoon. ;) You can always double this recipe, it makes great leftovers and freezes well too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.