This is our families FAVORITE recipe. The candy syrup is to die for! It tastes great on pancakes, waffles and ice cream too!
Tasty Tuesday: French Toast w/ Candy Syrup!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread (texas toast or french bread)
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Next, whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 stick real butter
- 2 TB corn syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine buttermilk, sugar, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil turn the heat back down to low and stir consistently for 5-10 min.
- When it looks a golden caramel color remove it from the heat and add the vanilla. At that point try to resist eating it by the spoonful! Enjoy it on your french toast, pancakes, ice cream... or heck enjoy it right from the spoon! It will save in the fridge for up to 3 weeks!
Just be prepared, once you start making candy syrup, you will NEVER go back to normal maple syrup again. It just isn’t the same. ENJOY! :)
Looking for more breakfast foods? You’ll love these:
pumpkin cinnamon roll pancakes
lemon blueberry muffins