Now that football season is upon us it’s time start to start thinking about “game day” food. One of my hubby’s favorite things is BBQ chicken sandwiches. I love them too because they are super simple to make and quite tasty!
A few weeks ago I was walking through the grocery store and spotted Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce. I’m not much of a pop drinker, but I make my sweet pork with Dr. Pepper (which is delicious), so I knew I had to buy some to try with the BBQ chicken sandwiches I was making that night. I also picked up some King’s Hawaiian hamburger buns because they are the best! They are super soft and have a great flavor.
These BBQ chicken sandwiches ended up being my all time favorite. Want the recipe? Here ya go… it’s super simple!
Delicious BBQ chicken sandwiches
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 oz BBQ sauce (1 bottle)
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 King’s Hawaiian hamburger buns
- cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Place water, chicken and BBQ sauce in a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken easily shreds.Then shred the chicken and let simmer with sauce for 30 minutes. If you’re in a hurry you could always use a cooked rotisserie chicken as well. All you do is pull off the chicken and mix with BBQ sauce.
- Once your chicken is shredded place on bun and top with cilantro.
Our family loves these and I think you’rs will too. They are perfect for a tailgating party or family get together. Enjoy!
KING’S HAWAIIAN has an all-star line-up of sandwich products which includes: Mini Sub Rolls, Sandwich Buns, and Hamburger Buns and Hotdog buns.
Whether you are at your kid’s game or the stadium, KING’S HAWAIIAN is a great choice for a family tailgate.
What is your family’s favorite part of game day? Comment below and be entered for a chance to win $200 to put towards your next game day event.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.