The perfect crepe recipe to make for any occasion and completely delicious! The best part about these crepes is they are super easy and can be made right in your blender. Not only are they great for breakfast, but dessert too!
Crepes are one of my favorite things to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. They seem so fancy, but they are really super easy! We love making all types, like strawberry crepes, chocolate crepes, apple crepes and savory crepes.
This is, in my opinion, the best crepe recipe ever! I’ve tried so many different recipes over the years and have finally created the perfect one. The batter allows you to get the thin crepe without them breaking. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert (sometimes we’ll even do them for dinner)!
You can make them sweet and add delicious crepe fillings like berries, cream and powdered sugar. You can even make sweet variations like nutella crepes. Or you can make them savory too. One of our favorites is adding scrambled eggs and bacon inside. YUM!
Nothing fancy needed to make this easy crepe recipe! Just the basics. :)
How to make crepes
It takes less than a minute to make the batter and only a couple of minutes for them to cook. Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable crepe recipe and step-by-step video tutorial.
Step 1: Make batter in blender
In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and flour. Mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
Step 2: Cook in skillet
Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until crepes are lightly browned.
Here’s a video if you want to see how to flip the crepes (skip to the middle).
Step 3: Stack until serving, then add fillings
Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Add your favorite crepe fillings and enjoy!
You can customize them with all your favorite toppings and go savory or sweet. My favorite way to eat them is with a little nutella, bananas and berries! Oh and can’t forget the whipped cream on top!
- Cream cheese filling and chopped strawberries
- Ricotta or mascarpone with fresh berries
- Whipped cream, fresh berries and powdered sugar
- Peaches and cream
- Strawberry jam, fresh strawberries and powdered sugar
- Bananas, nutella and peanut butter
- Lemon curd, blueberries and powdered sugar
- Apple pie filling, salted caramel and vanilla ice cream
- Marshmallow fluff, crushed graham crackers and chocolate sauce
- Maple syrup, buttermilk syrup or cinnamon pancake syrup
- Sautéed vegetables and eggs
- Caprese (mozzarella, tomato and basil)
- Ham and cheese
- Scrambled eggs and bacon
- Spinach, mushroom and parmesan
- Pesto, chicken and mozzarella
- Sausage and apples or apple butter
Ways to fold crepes
Fold in half: This is an easy option for beginners! Simply fold in half, similar to folding an omelette. To add fillings, you can either add before folding in half or add on top of your folded crepe.
Make triangles: I love how elegant this looks! Gently fold in half, then fold in half again. Stack the folded crepes on top of each other to serve. Fillings can be added before folding or on top.
Roll the crepes: This is a fun way to sneak extra filling inside. :) Before rolling, add the filling evenly on top of crepe, leaving about 1/4 inch from the edges. Then fold one side over the filling towards the middle. Fold the other side all the way over the already folded side to make the shape of a burrito. Feel free to add extra toppings once they’re rolled.
Keep warm, storage and freezing tips
To keep warm: You can keep your cooked crepes warm by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F until ready to serve.
Leftovers: Add to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between each crepe. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy.
To freeze: Crepes surprisingly freeze really well, so feel free to double the batch and stick half in the freezer for about 1-2 months.
Reheating: Heat in microwave or skillet until warm. You can also enjoy cold if you prefer!
More breakfast recipes:
Easy Crepe Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour , sifted
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit, jams, pudding, nutella, whipped topping and nuts are a few of our favorites.
- To keep warm: Place on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F until ready to serve.
- Leftovers: Add to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between each crepe. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy.
- To freeze: Store as directed above, then place in the freezer for about 1-2 months.
- Reheating: Heat in microwave or skillet until warm.
So let’s hear it…what’s your favorite way to eat crepes?!