The perfect crepe recipe to make for any occasion and completely delicious! The best part about these crepes is they are super easy and can be made right in your blender. Not only are they great for breakfast, but dessert too!
Best Crepe Recipe Ever
Crepes are one of my favorite things to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. They seem so fancy, but they are really super easy! We love making all types, like strawberry crepes, lemon crepes, apple crepes and savory crepes.
This is, in my opinion, the best crepe recipe ever! I’ve tried so many different recipes over the years and have finally created the perfect one. The batter allows you to get the thin crepe without them breaking. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert (sometimes we’ll even do them for dinner)!
You can make them sweet and add delicious crepe fillings like berries, cream and powdered sugar. You can even make sweet variations like chocolate crepes or nutella crepes. Or you can make savory crepes too. One of our favorites is adding scrambled eggs and bacon inside. YUM!
The full printable recipe is below. Substitutions are not recommended for this batter.
- Butter: Melted butter is key in these crepes. I like to let it cool for a few minutes before adding to the batter so it doesn’t scramble the batter.
- Milk: I use 2% milk, but you could also use whole milk for a richer flavor.
- Eggs: The eggs will provide the perfect structure, so make sure they are fresh.
- Sugar: I use plain granulated sugar for this recipe. It adds just a little bit of sweetness to the batter.
- Vanilla: I love to use pure vanilla extract. If making savory crepes, you can omit this.
- Salt: A fine sea salt adds the perfect flavor.
- Flour: An all-purpose flour will work perfectly in this recipe.
How To Make Crepes
It takes less than a minute to make the batter and only a couple of minutes for them to cook. Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable crepe recipe and step-by-step video tutorial.
- Combine ingredients in blender: Mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Cook on small skillet: Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the crepes are lightly browned.
- Serve with favorite toppings: The topping choices are endless (see below). We love making them sweet and savory.
Chill the Batter
It’s important to let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes, or longer if you can. I like to make the batter the night before and let it chill in the fridge overnight. This allows the gluten time to rest, which gives your crepes a light and airy consistency.
You can customize them with all your favorite toppings and go savory or sweet. My favorite way to eat them is with a little nutella, bananas and berries! Oh and can’t forget the whipped cream on top!
- Cream cheese filling and chopped strawberries or strawberry sauce
- Ricotta or mascarpone with fresh berries
- Whipped cream, fresh berries and powdered sugar
- Peach pie filling and cream
- Strawberry jam, fresh strawberries and powdered sugar
- Bananas, nutella and peanut butter
- Lemon curd, blueberries and powdered sugar
- Apple pie filling, salted caramel and vanilla ice cream
- Marshmallow fluff, crushed graham crackers and chocolate sauce
- Maple syrup, buttermilk syrup or cinnamon pancake syrup
- Sautéed vegetables and eggs
- Caprese (mozzarella, tomato and basil)
- Ham and cheese crepes
- Scrambled eggs and bacon
- Spinach, mushroom and parmesan
- Pesto, chicken and mozzarella
- Sausage and apples or apple butter
Add Some Holiday Flare!
This easy crepe recipe is super customizable, meaning you can add a little holiday flare just by adding a few spices and fillings. In the fall, mix some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into the batter for delicious pumpkin crepes. Or in the spring, fill them with lemon curd for an easy Easter brunch idea. The options are endless!
Ways to Fold Crepes
- Fold in half: This is an easy option for beginners! Simply fold in half, similar to folding an omelette. To add fillings, you can either add before folding in half or add on top of your folded crepe.
- Make triangles: I love how elegant this looks! Gently fold in half, then fold in half again. Stack the folded crepes on top of each other to serve. Fillings can be added before folding or on top.
- Roll the crepes: This is a fun way to sneak extra filling inside. :) Before rolling, add the filling evenly on top of crepe, leaving about 1/4 inch from the edges. Then fold one side over the filling towards the middle. Fold the other side all the way over the already folded side to make the shape of a burrito. Feel free to add extra toppings once they’re rolled.
5 star review
My family loves these and the hubby has requested these to be a Saturday tradition! I never realized how easy crepes were to make – this recipe is an all around win!– Ali W
Keep Warm, Storage and Freezing Tips
- To keep warm: You can keep your cooked crepes warm by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F until ready to serve.
- Leftovers: Add to a zip top bag and layer parchment or wax paper in between each crepe. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy.
- To freeze: Crepes surprisingly freeze really well, so feel free to double the batch and stick half in the freezer for about 1-2 months.
- Reheating: Heat in microwave or skillet until warm. You can also enjoy cold if you prefer!
More Breakfast Recipes:
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit, jams, pudding, nutella, whipped topping and nuts are a few of our favorites.